Creating Meaningful Value
The Beekman Group is a private equity firm dedicated to partnering with management teams to grow companies into market leading businesses. Beekman manages over $1 billion in assets and has access to additional capital through strategic co-investment relationships.
The Beekman team consists of experienced private equity professionals, as well as a select group of Industry Operating Advisors who are leading executives in our targeted industry segments. Our Industry Advisor approach to investing is the cornerstone of our investment strategy – bringing financial and operational resources to middle market companies in order to accelerate growth and create value for all shareholders.
We focus on lower middle market investments in service-related sectors including healthcare services, consumer services, and business services. We partner with management teams who desire to be significant owners and create meaningful value by accelerating organic and acquisition growth initiatives. We employ a unique approach to implementing a value creation roadmap for each investment, as demonstrated by our proven track record of success, extensive experience, and 25-year reputation.
A Gateway to the Best
Beekman is named after the Beekman area of New York City – a small, yet storied neighborhood located in midtown Manhattan. Situated on the East River, north of the United Nations and east of Grand Central Station, Beekman sits at the gateway to NYC’s commercial and cultural centers. Smaller and below the profile of surrounding neighborhoods, Beekman nonetheless provides access to the best NY has to offer—from the sophistication of Park Avenue to the energy of Times Square and Rockefeller Center.
By design, Beekman is a firm that serves as a gateway to the best of private equity acumen. By bringing capital resources and experience from leading institutions, deep industry relationships and a successful track record of investing, Beekman seeks to support lower middle-market companies that, although small in size and profile, are ready, capable, and driven to operate with the professionalism and sophistication of world-class industry leaders.
$900M to $5.0B+
In partnership with management, Beekman utilizes resources, both financial and human, to assist companies along the path from being small and “below the radar” to operating as and becoming leaders in their markets. Our companies in the aggregate have grown revenues almost fivefold during Beekman ownership from approximately $900 million to over $5.0 billion.
Beekman is proud of its Mission Statement and believes in the importance of clear objectives and Core Values to drive results-based leadership. We encourage all of our portfolio management teams to visibly display their unique mission statements just as we do with ours in our New York office.
Creating Long-Term Value
We create long-term value for our Limited Partners through the identification, investment in and building of great businesses in partnership with management.
- Treat our Limited Partners with respect and transparency
- Be true partners with our management teams
- Act with high integrity in the long-term interests of Beekman and its stakeholders
- Build strong and sustainable operating businesses
- Develop our leaders and team to drive execution and management excellence
- Work smart and have fun!
- Sale, recapitalizations and management buyouts of privately held companies
- Industry consolidations and platform buy and build transactions
- Capital infusions to finance growth, expansion opportunities and acquisitions
- Special situations transactions
- Distressed opportunities requiring financial restructuring
- Divestitures of non-core divisions of larger corporations
- Defensible market positions, sustainable cash flows and high returns on capital
- Strong operating management team with meaningful equity ownership or desire to have a meaningful stake
- Revenues between $10 – $300 million
- Control-oriented and significant minority transactions with values between $30 – $300 million
- Lead or co-lead investments in special situations alongside select equity partners in larger transactions
- TBG investment / equity size between $20 – $150 million (additional co-investment capital available)
Beekman’s targeted sectors exhibit a number of common characteristics including attractive financial fundamentals, changing industry dynamics and compelling investment drivers for middle-market companies.
- Business Services
- Industrial Services
- Consumer Services
- Healthcare Services
- Firm Brochure